GDPR Privacy Notice
Who are we
We are Remit Group Limited and Remit Food Limited, with our main processing office located at 4 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, NG8 6PX, telephone 0115 9759550.
We are the controller of your information and obtain it directly from you, from your employer or employment agencies if there are legitimate interests for your information to be shared with us.
Why do we collect data?
We need to collect your personal information before we enrol you onto a programme with us. Such information is required by funding bodies, qualification awarding bodies and to enable us to verify your entitlement to start the training.
- To support your learning
- To monitor and report on your progress to your employer
- To provide appropriate care
- To assess the quality of our services
- To comply with the law
- To support you in your further learning
The majority of the information you provide to us is mandatory in order to be enrolled on a Programme. Where information is provided on a voluntary basis, you will be given the option to withhold that information if you wish.
Types of personal data that we collect, store and share:
- Name, address, contact information including e-mail, age, national insurance number, equality and diversity information and disabilities requiring support which is obtained from you or your employer at the time of enquiring about a programme. Your IP address may also be collected if you apply online.
- Learning progress may be shared with your employer
- Learning progress will be shared with us from any partner provider we refer you to
- Attendance and engagement at any pre-arranged appointments or “off the job” courses arranged by us may be shared with your employer
- Any special educational needs
- Employer contact information including individual e-mail addresses are collected to allow access to Remit systems. This information is not shared with any 3rd party or used for marketing purposes, unless it is in the best interests of the employer and or learner for us to do so.
Information will be stored securely in an electronic format where possible. Where paper copies are held, these will be in secure premises with limited access. No data will leave the European Economic Area (EEA), unless there are GDPR compliant safeguards in place to maintain the security of the data.
This information is shared with our regulatory and awarding bodies and with any suppliers of services to us. When information is shared, it is done so securely and with appropriate security safeguards in place to protect your data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
We are legally required to store your data in line with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) / European Social Fund (ESF) contractual requirements following the completion of your programme with us. The legal retention periods vary by programme that we offer; for further you can request a copy of our Data Retention Policy by contacting us using the details in the “How to get in touch” section of this statement. After this legally mandated time period has elapsed, we will securely destroy all the information we hold about you, unless you specifically request that we do not.
Further information can be found within our Data Retention Policy available upon request by using the contact details in the “How to get in touch” section of this statement.
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation, and the Data Protection Act 2018 you have certain rights:
1. You can request access to the personal data we hold about you.
2. You can request that we delete certain types of information we hold about you:
- If the information is no longer relevant for the purpose it was collected
- To comply with a legal obligation
- If the information has been obtained without your consent or knowledge
- If you withdraw consent and there are no other legal grounds for processing the information.
3. You can restrict access to the information:
- You believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate
- We obtained the information without your consent or knowledge, but you do not want the data deleting.
- We no longer require the information, but you require the information for the purpose of taking or defending legal action.
- If you have objected to processing on the basis that your rights override the legitimate legal basis for our processing
4. You can request we amend information about you if it is inaccurate.
5. You can object to us processing your data where we have stated we have legal interests to do so. You can also object to us using your information for any marketing purposes.
6. You can request that your information is transferred to another training provider
7. If decisions about you have been made by an automated process and you are not happy with them; you can request human intervention to review the decision made.
How to get in touch
Write to the Information Security Officer, Remit Group Limited, 4 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, NG8 6PX, or
Call 0115 9759550 where any-one can take your request and pass it to the Information Security Officer.
You can expect to receive confirmation we have received your request within 3 days, and fulfilment of the request within 1 month. There is no charge for providing information; however, repeated requests for the same information may incur a fee.
Who we share information with
We share your information with your employer where you have been referred to us by them. We also share information with the Education and Skills Funding Agency and other Regulatory Bodies, Awarding Bodies, and with partner training providers if we refer you to them.
When information is shared, it is done so securely and with appropriate security safeguards in place to protect your data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
You are responsible for ensuring the information you provide is accurate and up to date and that you inform us of any changes to your information or personal circumstances as soon as is reasonably practical.